A fast-paced changing world has given medical tourism industry a growing opportunity across the world. With the rapid growth of scientific technologies, booming medical infrastructure, innovation in new drugs for the cure at low cost has given a boost to medical tourism in India and across the world. This growth is also supplemented by expanding connecting services of the aviation industry, internet and smartphones have brought information at tips of the fingers. With the growth in medical tourism in India and across the world, international patients seeks those hospitals/ healthcare units which are globally accredited and recognized. JCI accreditation is the most sought-after accreditation which international patients seek for their medical travel in foreign countries like India and across the globe. JCI was founded in 1994 by The Joint Commission with the goal of creating parameters for hospitals across the globe to maintain and deliver best quality treatment to each and every patient along with
JCI is world’s leading non-profit organization, with a mission of “ continuously improve the safety and quality of care in the international community through education, advisory services, and international accreditation and certification. “ More than 100 countries, JCI partners with hospitals, clinics, academic health centers, health system and agencies, government ministries and academics to promote rigorous standards of care and provide solutions to achieve peak performance. It is accreditation is highest among healthcare standards, considered a Gold standard for healthcare infrastructure across the globe. A Gold Seal is the insignia of JCI accreditation provided to those healthcare communities which achieves its outlined parameters, achieve medical standards and quality in terms of service and care. JCI is equal to Rolls Royce in the automobile industry.
JCI accreditation are given to both Hospital and Non - Hospital programmes. Usually, for a Hospital to earn a JCI accreditation, it takes around it The parameters for hospital programs are:-
1. ITPG ( international Patient Safety Goals.
2. Access to care and continuity of care.
3. Patient and Family rights.
4. Assessment of Patients.
5. Care of Patients.
6. Anesthesia and Surgical Care.
7. Medication Management and Use.
8. Patient and Family Education.
9. Quality improvement and patient safety.
10. Preventions and Control of Infections.
11. Governance, Leadership and Direction.
12. Facility, Management and Safety.
13. Staff Qualification and Education.
14. Management of Information.
15. Medical Professional Education
16. Human Subject Research Programme.
By the above parameters, it can be outlined that JCI earning JCI accreditation is tough for hospitals. Once a hospital is accredited Gold Standard of Approval from JCI, it’s deep commitment to caring, the culture of safety, extreme focus on best health practice, rigorous preparation and survey are reflected.
JCI hospitals in India : -
1. Aditya Birla Health Services. Pune.
2. Ahalia Foundation Eye Hospital. Palakkad, Kerala
3. Apex Heart Institute. Ahmedabad
4. Apollo Gleneagles Hospitals, Kolkata
5. Apollo Hospital, Chennai
6. Apollo Hospital, Hyderabad
7. Apollo Hospitals Enterprise Limited, Navi Mumbai
8. Apollo Hospitals International Limited. Gandhinagar
9. Apollo Hospitals, Bangalore
10. Artemis Hospital. Gurgaon
11. Asian Heart Institute and Research Center Pvt Ltd. Mumbai
12. Aster Medcity. Kochi
13. Care Institute of Medical Sciences. Ahmedabad
14. Columbia Asia Referral Hospital, Yeshwanthupur. Bangalore
15. Continental Hospitals Limited, Hyderabad
16. Fortis Escorts Heart Institute
17. Fortis Hospital Limited, Mulund
18. Fortis Hospital, Bangalore
19. Fortis Hospital, Mohali
20. Indraprastha Apollo Hospitals
21. Kokilaben Dhirubhai Ambani Hospital & Medical Research Institute. Mumbai
22. Maharaja Agrasen Hospital, Punjabi Bagh. New Delhi
23. Max Super Speciality Hospital. (A Unit of Devki Devi Foundation). New Delhi
24. Max Super Speciality Hospital (A Unit of Max Healthcare Institute Limited). New Delhi
25. Medanta - The Medicity. Gurgaon
26. Moolchand Hospital. New Delhi
27. Narayana Hrudayalaya Pvt. Ltd. Bangalore
28. Narayana Multispeciality Hospital, Jaipur
29. Rajagiri Hospital. Ernakulam
30. Satguru Partap Singh Hospital. Mumbai
31. SevenHills Healthcare Private Limited. Mumbai
32. Sri Ramachandra Medical Centre. Chennai
33. Wockhardt Hospitals Ltd Unit: Adams Wylie Memorial. Mumbai