Nephrology is a branch of medical science that deals with diseases of the kidneys.The kidneys maintain the fluid, electrolyte, and acid-base regulation that are altered by several disease conditions as well as drugs and toxins. Nephrology involves study of normal kidney function, kidney problems, preservation of kidney health.Treatment of kidney problems through diet, dialysis and kidney transplantation.Systemic conditions that affect the kidneys such as diabetes and autoimmune disease along with systematic problems like renal osteodystrophy and hypertension which occur due to kidney problems.
Diseases under the branch of nephrology
Nephrology deals with study of the normal working of the kidneys as well as its diseases. The diseases that come under the scope of nephrology include:-
• Glomerular disorders that affect the tiny filtering systems of the kidneys called the glomerulus
• Urine abnormalities such as excess excretion of protein, sugar, blood, casts, crystals etc.
• Tubulointerstitial diseases affecting the tubules in the kidneys
• Renal vascular diseases affecting the blood vessel networks within the kidneys
• Renal failure that can be sudden or acute or long term or chronic
• Kidney and bladder stones
• Kidney infections
• Cancers of the kidneys, bladder, and urethra
• Effects of diseases like diabetes and high blood pressure on kidneys
• Acid base imbalances
• Nephrotic syndrome and nephritis
• Ill effects of drugs and toxins on the kidneys
• Dialysis and its long term complications - dialysis includes hemodialysis as well as peritoneal dialysis
• Autoimmune diseases including autoimmune vasculitis, lupus, etc.
• Polycystic kidneys diseases where large cysts or fluid filled sacs are formed within the kidney impairing its functions - this is a congenital and inherited or genetic condition
Medcureindia is a officially recognised health travel partner in India. Our health consultations and associated services has benefitted patients across Africa, Asia and Middle East.
Phone no:- 9049188588