In Vitro Fertilization
IVF is type is Assisted Reproductive Technology used for infertility and surrogacy. IVF is mostly attempted if less invasive or expensive options have failed or are unlikely to work.IVF can be used for following patients : -
1) Blocked or damaged fallopian tubes
2) Male factor infertility including decreased sperm count or sperm motility.
3) Women with ovulation disorders, premature ovarian failure, uterine fibroids
4) Women who have had their fallopian tubes removed.
5) Individuals with a genetic disorder
6) Unexplained infertility.
How successful is IVF
The success rate of IVF clinics depends on a number of factors including reproductive history, maternal age, the cause of infertility, and lifestyle factors. It is also important to understand that pregnancy rates are not the same as live birth rates.
• 41-43% for women under age 35
• 33-36% for women ages 35 to 37
• 23-27% for women ages 38 to 40
• 13-18% for women ages over 40
Side effects of IVF
Although you may need to take it easy after the procedure, most women can resume normal activities the following day.
Some side effects after IVF may include:
• Passing a small amount of fluid (may be clear or blood-tinged) after the procedure
• Mild cramping
• Mild bloating
• Breast tenderness
Medcureindia is a officially recognised health travel partner in India. Our health consultations and associated services has benefitted patients across Africa, Asia and Middle East.
Phone no:- 9049188588